the ramblings of the under-experienced

So I rummaged through a bunch of worn boxes full of high school photos and didn't remember most of the people in them-as I dazed into the faded eyeballs staring back at me.  Every mouth wanted to remind me that those frozen moments aren't what I remember...I had managed to persuade myself that these people were my best friends and every moment pure unadulterated bliss. The mouths wanted to scream, "LIAR!" but were unable to manage the smallest of breaths.  So I kept the delusional memories in my head and realized that my mind is a beautiful part of me, my biggest fan and most urgent protector. 

My mind has saved me from the worst memories...cushioning against disaster. The worst memories are lost to me, unable to remeber until I am at a happy, stable mind state to successfully manage.

for now I am safe.

Comments

Popular Posts